- Spring loaded volume compensator compresses carbon to reduce internal abrasion caused by vibrations. The heavy wall, elliptically shaped body and location of the volume compensator near the end of the canister permit higher pressures (up to 5 psi) during pressure testing, thus simplifying pressure test set up.
- Large surface area filters located at each end of the canister keep carbon in place and allow for the lowest airflow restrictions available.
- Patented "floating bracket" allows for easy installation while reducing the transmission of torque to the canister body, end caps and spuds.
- The "floating bracket" also protects end caps from heat so that the factory installed heat shield is all that is needed to meet engine compartment requirements for fire protection. Builders simply install as usual with no additional effort or insulation requirements.
- Polymer body to allow various size canisters with low tooling investment
- End caps welded to extruded body
- Optional mounting bracket allowed to rotate on end cap allows movement of mounting bracket without stressing canister body
- Optional heat shield available for mounting in engine compartments