The Perko Story
A story that goes back over 100 years.
Originally known as Perkins Marine Lamp, Inc., our initial focus was on manufacturing hand formed sheet metal products for the marine market. Our first catalog was published in 1916, with a product line as diverse for that time as our current catalog is today.
1930's through 1970's
From the 1930s through the 1970s, Perko expanded both in products offered and in manufacturing capabilities, eventually moving to Florida, our current location.
1980's to Present
We remain a highly integrated manufacturer, almost completely independent of outside vendors, with the exception of raw materials and a few basic items such as light bulbs, electric wire, etc. A wide range of complete in-house capabilities, from product design through manufacturing and assembly, enables us to eliminate most subcontractors and obtain better control of our product quality and delivery.